CORE PROGRAM FOR INDIVIDUAL COUPLES
In Effective Parenting: For Parents of Advantaged Children, Karen uses the results of two assessment tools,* as well as her experience and expertise, to help:
- Pinpoint what is important to you as a parent
- Pinpoint what is important to your partner as a parent
- Understand and leverage areas of parenting that you and your partner share in common
- Understand areas where you and your partner may differ
- Learn how you prefer to communicate and build relationships
- Learn how your partner prefers to communicate and build relationships
- Define specific actions you can take to increase your parenting effectiveness
* The specific assessments used are NBI™ General Thinking Preferences and NBI™ Parenting Preferences. Karen is a licensed practitioner for these tools. Assessments are completed online in 20 minutes and focus on your preferences – that is, how you prefer to communicate and how you prefer to parent.
As a participant of Effective Parenting: For Parents of Advantaged Children you receive:
- An assessment and report of what is important to you as a parent and your preferred parenting style
- An assessment and report of how you prefer to communicate and build relationships
- An initial, two-hour feedback session within a week after completing the online assessments (in person with both parents)
- A second, one-hour feedback session (in person or by telephone, with one or both parents, conducted within a month after the first feedback session)
- A third, one-hour feedback session (in person or by telephone, with one or both parents, conducted within six months after the first feedback session)
The cost of this program is $1800. per couple.
Note: Follow-up sessions are available to include the couple’s important influences in their children’s lives, e.g., grandparents, nannies, tutors.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
In addition to the Core Program for Individual Couples, Karen provides other parenting programs and services:
- Keynote and guest speaker engagements
- Large-group lectures and workshops for educators, parents-to-be, parents, and grandparents
- Customized programs for many members of a particular family
- Customized programs for specific groups, e.g., public and private school faculty and administrators, graduate students in early childhood and education programs
Fees are determined by the specifics of each program and service.
Note: Dr. Rancourt is not accepting new clients at this time.